Friday, June 15, 2012

balance

I usually spend most of my mornings laying around in bed, reading the news from my phone. Reading through Top Stories, scanning through the weather forecast, glancing embarrassingly at the Entertainment section for bad gossip. I check my texts, i check Facebook, and Instagram. I am a slave of social networking- its disgusting. Finally after all that, i climb out of my big comfortable bed, and take a shower. this week alone i've spent most of the afternoons walking barefoot on my wood floors drinking tea and reading. lounging around with no one to answer to but Jasper.

recently I've had trouble finding a balance between work and personal life. trying to figure out where i lost my pattern, and trying to find a new one. Ive been thinking a lot about lost loves. considering what when wrong and what i can learn. i though back to high school, the feeling of just holding hands with someone. then my mind drifts to the idea of someone new. all of these things swimming in my mind.

while I'm excited for something new, which inevitably is going to happen one day. I'm also excited to simply move on. while part of me will always crave the known, the familiar, another part knows better. as much as i cared for some of the men of my past, as much as i miss their smile and their hand to hold, i also know that losing a pattern is part of life. a change of rhythm is happening and my thoughts will soon be with a new hand to hold, and a new smile to encounter. until then, i'm content reading, learning and walking barefoot on wood floors.