Saturday, June 16, 2012

twenty seven

As always, my Saturday morning consisted of  restless sleep (due to my fear of oversleeping on Saturdays) and a long drive to the lower valley.

the radio plays terrible music on Saturdays, i guess because no one is really up listening, so i drive in silence entertaining myself with ideas for my class. Today my BIPP class was trying to help grown men learn how to communicate better. Literally talking about feelings for 2 hours, definite cliche.

i started thinking a lot while they were doing communication exercises trying to be assertive not aggressive. i realized I'm going to be 27 in 2 weeks. when i was a kid, i imagined myself somewhere completely different. in a big city, away with some handsome husband having adventures of my own far away from El Paso


But, here i am,

I am living in a house i love. 2 jobs that keep me sane, and fund my new addiction to World Market decor,  an amazing support system of friends i admire and my family which i can even begin to describe.

and El Paso....

El Paso isn't so bad at all.



27 will be an adventure.